Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Second Project: WINDOWS

This old house had been updated with furnace and CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING. So nice in sunny southern California! ....but.... they calked, sealed (sometimes with nails) and painted ALL windows shut.
Seriously? I do like to open a window or two in the breezy evenings.

So I tackled the windows. Most were double hung with pulley and cast iron weights, the rest were casement windows.

These are from the dining room. There were 3 sets of double hung. The ropes had been cut but the weights were still inside the frame.





Many layers of paint and a lot of damaged frames. I only broke one plate of glass and rather than spend $35 to have one reglazed I googled and did it myself. Thank you YouTube.

These are from a bedroom and an example of their condition. Total are were 18 sets of casement windows to be opened and refinished.






I took the hinges off, soaked in crockpot, and spray painted. 
They were beyond polishing up.  






No comments:

Post a Comment